Leader in Training
Who is this program for?
The Kids Inc Leader In Training (LIT) program is for campers who are entering grade 8,9 or 10. This program develops and enhances invaluable leadership skills for all participants. It has been crafted to provide and teach balance between responsibility and fun by giving teens the opportunity to learn new skills, while participating in recreational camp activities.
Learning to move towards leadership is the goal in our LIT program and so these campers will be learning how to be the best role models they can be. This kind of shift in thinking from a participant mind set to a leadership based thought process is integral to understanding the difference between being a leader/mentor/role model at camp vs being a participant. The shift in thinking, connection with staff, and feedback from staff and their LIT Supervisor is what helps them to grow as leaders.
What is this program about?
The LIT program provides a safe recreational environment where campers can continue to enjoy the company of their peers, while learning to help out at camp, and learning a little about leadership, leadership skills, and maybe even getting a chance to instruct a game or 2 along the way! Our program provides a jumping off point for your camper to see if being a leader is something that they enjoy in a camp setting. It is not a class room course or an intensive leadership camp but rather this is a basic leadership program with opportunity for learning and plenty of room for FUN!
where is the program located?
We are located out in the beautiful country side in Erin ON. We are on 30 private acres. Our facility was built with our campers in mind.
The camp location is 5567 4th Line in the Town of Erin. Please note that this is a private property and is not open to the public for tours. We take privacy, security and safety very seriously. Please do not enter the property during non-program times.
REGISTERED FAMILIES ONLY – If you are entering the facility during program times please be sure to always drive slowly and email or call us prior to your arrival so that we can come and meet you in the parking lot.
HOURS OF OPERATION/TRANSPORTATION
PROGRAM HOURS – Our program runs from 9AM to 4PM each day – however – the transportation that you select will impact the hours that your camper will be at camp or on the bus in the AM and PM. Find out more here!
CAR TO CAMP – Do you want to drive your camper to and from camp each day? If so our Car to Camp option is best for you! We have regular hours options and flex hours care options available and you with this option. You can also organize your own car pool with other camp families if that makes things even easier for you! Learn more about the specific hours of operation for Car to Camp today!
BUS SERVICE – Daily bus transportation is one of our transportation options and is also part of the fun at Kids Inc Camp! This option can not be used in combination with Car to Camp. If you select to use the bus you will need to use this option AM and PM each day of the program. This option saves you the cost of fuel, is very convenient and located in many surrounding areas close to your home. Please check out our bus schedule and more details about bus service by following the learn more link. We serve Georgetown, Erin, Caledon, Guelph, Eramosa, Rockwood, Acton, Milton, Orangeville, and surrounding areas. There is no additional fee and our bus services and it is safe and well supervised. Check out all of the camp bus transportation information today!
is this program great for your camper?
The vision for the Kids Inc Camp LIT Program is to bring all of the ideas, activities, programs, attitudes, staff atmospheres, and camp traditions of a typical overnight camp experience into the day camp environment. Leadership training is such a big part of what makes camp tick! We would love to see your LIT grow into a leadership role at our camp or working with children in another setting. Their path is up to them – but – let us help them to get on the right track.
Here are some important points about the LIT Program. Joining this program is a big decision and you might have even more questions. If you do please visit our FAQ section specific to the LIT program or email us at email@example.com for more information.
- LITs will have a group meeting each week to be sure that they understand the expectations of the program.
- LITs will join in the General Camp program where they will have the chance to assist and observe our professional camp staff in action.
- LITs will help with crafts, games, and activities of all kinds.
- LITs will have a chance to have lots of fun with their peers each and every day as long as interactions are positive and in keeping with the camp setting!
- LITs may be able to get up to 10 hours of volunteer time per week that could be used towards community hours for high school. This must be approved by the LITs school in advance of attendance. Paperwork must be brought to camp on the last day of the week for the LIT coordinator to sign.
- Volunteer hours will only be given to LITs who have worked hard to earn them. These are not given to every person who attends.
- LITs participate in a meeting at the start of each new week of camp. This is a time for them to meet with the LIT Co-Ordinator who will make sure that they understand their role at Kids Inc Camp, and have an opportunity to ask questions and provide and receive feedback.
- LIT’s who are unable to behave within our code of conduct and within the context of the fact that this is a leadership based program will be asked to leave the program without refund. Please ensure that you only register campers who based upon experience are able to behave as good role models to younger children and who have an understanding and respect for our code of conduct.
LIT T-SHIRT MAKING
Participants will get a white T-shirt on the first day of the program that they will turn into an LIT shirt that is fun and colourful and expresses a little about themselves to all of our campers and staff! LIT’s will learn more about the T-shirt decorating process on the first day of the program.
The shirts we provide to LIT’s are white adult sizes and you will select the appropriate size when registering. Only one T-shirt per session they are registered for will be provided by us on the first day of camp. If having more than one LIT shirt per week is important to your camper they are welcome to make more LIT shirts at home from another white T-shirt of their own. If they are registered for a number of weeks by week 2 they will have 2 shirts from us to work with.
We ask that participants wear the LIT T-shirt they create and clean shorts or pants to camp every day.