THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EMPLOYMENT WITH KIDS INC!
HIRING FOR 2022 IS COMPLETE – THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
HIRING FOR 2023 WILL BEGIN IN MARCH 2023. PLEASE CHECK BACK AT THAT TIME.
Please read the following to ensure that you have all the required information about the application process:
• Familiarize yourself with our company, our facility, and our programs. All of this information can be found on the website.
Ask yourself the following questions……
• Are you prepared to go through an extensive application process that involves homework, handing in assignments on time, and a very long full day at our interview process if you are asked to attend?
• Are you prepared to work outdoors for at least 8 hours each day that you are scheduled (rain or shine)?
• Are you willing to have a summer job that may include prep work on evenings and weekends?
• (Counselors) Are you prepared to work between 6 to 9 weeks full-time over the summer?
• (Jr Counselors) Are you prepared to work 5 to 8 weeks this summer?
If you would like to apply please follow the instructions listed…..
• Applicants should e-mail us their resume and cover letter between March 1 and May 1 2022.
• E-mail your resume in the form of a word document. Thank you!
• Send us a cover letter that tells us what position you are applying for. Are you applying as a Junior Counsellor or a Counsellor?
• You will need an e-mail address of your own to apply.
• All communication and contact with our office should be made by the person who wishes to obtain employment. Contact from anyone other than the applicant on behalf of the applicant is not permitted. Thank you.
• Applications will not be accepted from a parent, guardian, agency, friend, sibling or any other third party on behalf of the applicant.
• Once you have submitted your resume you will hear back from us if you are selected for an interview.
• No matter when you send your resume you will hear back from us if you are selected for an interview after May 15th. Please do not follow up with us prior to that time.
• Selected candidates will be given pre interview assignments to complete. They must be handed in to our office by the specified due date. Late assignments will not be accepted and the interview will not be granted.
• If you are asked to attend an interview, please note that it could be up to an 8 hour process that you will spend with us during the activity day.
This day will be held on a weekend in April or May. If you are not interested in attending an interview process of this length please do not apply. Thank you.
• Our interview process is very unique and you will get more information about the process if you are invited to the interview. You will need to be sure that you are comfortable with the interview process prior to committing to attend. Thank you.
Kids Inc Camp has a high rate of staff retention and therefore we do not hire a large amount of staff each year. We love to welcome new and
exciting staff members to our team! We are very careful in ensuring that all new members will complement our current staff team, and as such
our application and interview process is very challenging! We hope that you are up to the challenge!
All applicants are required to communicate with the camp office themselves. Communication from anyone other than the applicant on behalf of the applicant with our office is not permitted.
This is such a key to applying for a job at Kids Inc. Please ensure that this communication protocol is followed.
We do appreciate the fact that parents may have questions about their family members potential employment with Kids Inc. however we ask that you refrain from contacting us. Rather than this we encourage you as a parent to discuss the questions you may have with the applicant in your family.
Help them to know what questions are important to ask when job hunting and please let them take it from there.
There are many online resources for first time job hunters or for anyone looking for a job. We encourage job seekers to learn a lot about the implications of taking on a job while they are in the process of looking.
First Aid and CPR Certification, High Five Certification, and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check are all required prior to employment.
Here are some great resources we have found that are specific to camp to check out:
Kids Inc Camp is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all members of our staff team.
We stay up to date with the Health and Safety guidelines that are given to us from the Ministry of Health.
Please note the following:
-Staff will not be asked about their vaccination status
-If any staff member has a medical mask exemption they simply need to let us know that this is the case and no further questions will be asked
-Staff must not discriminate and must be open to working with all campers and fellow staff of all vaccination and mask status/preference/s
-Staff can choose to mask if they wish but masking is not required outdoors at this time unless otherwise discussed in the context of a specific aspect of the job (some exceptions exist – however – that will be discussed in more depth if the job you are applying for is impacted)
-We will provide PPE if you would like to have it or require it for parts of your job and training for its proper use in order to ensure safety with regards to Covid-19.
-We have always had health and safety training and policies for general health and wellbeing in the job but it is fair to say that Covid-19 has encouraged us to focus on health and safety to an even higher degree and to that end we need all staff to be committed to working in an environment with protocols in place.
-It is important to note that working during Covid-19 does involve interacting with our campers and members of our staff team on a daily basis and any and all interactions with other humans may involve some degree of risk during any part of this pandemic.
-You will also be working in a facility that is mostly outdoors but that does have some shared indoor areas with fellow staff and this too is not without risk. Risk awareness documentation will be signed by staff and staff parents if the staff member is under 18.