Although we here at Kids Inc Camp do not have access to Regional Childcare Subsidy programs we do have some suggestions with regards to how you might be able to access financial support.
Jump Start Program
We have had families receive funding through the Jump Start Program at Canadian Tire. If you would like more information check out this program and the information to see if it might work for you: https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/
Your Local School or Church Community
A good place to check in and see if there is a source of funding that they have themselves – or are aware of – and can help to connect you with. In the past we have had local schools provide funding for campers in need. We have also seen church groups that do not run their own camps help with fundraising for families who might have trouble affording camp.
These are not funding sources that we can help to connect you with but rather they are places you may not have known you could look that we wanted to tell you about. This funding would be up to you to access.
Guelph and Wellington County Camp Families
Please check into funding through the Children’s Foundation. Here is a link to their page if you would like to see if this funding might work for you: https://www.childrensfoundation.org/
Discounted Camp Sessions
**DISCOUNTS FOR 2023 ARE FOR RETURNING CAMP FAMILIES WHO BOOK EARLY. THESE DISCOUNT DETAILS WILL BE EMAILED TO THE FAMILIES IN QUESTION.
Please note that Kids Inc Camp has a limited number of discounted camp sessions that we donate to local schools and local fundraising events each year. There are times that these discounted sessions are not able to be used by the local schools that they have been gifted to. If/when that is the case we might be able to pass that savings along to you.
These discounted sessions are very specific weeks and still involve a registration fee. If you feel that you might be interested in one of these sessions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is an extenuating situation that makes camp hard to fund you might be able to look into charities that speak to the situation you are dealing with in order to access funding – This kind of funding might be able to be applied to one on one support if that is required for your camper as well. We will give you some examples but welcome you to contact us to discuss things that we have seen work in the past.
- Cancer related charities can be willing to fund camp for children who have parents who are dealing with a cancer related diagnosis.
- Canadian Mental Health Association has a wealth of resources for families who have either parents or children dealing with mental health issues who could benefit from camp.
- Children’s Aid or Family and Children’s Services have been very helpful agencies and we have a number of children who are subsidised through them to attend camp each year. If you are currently working with them simply contact your caseworker. If you are not working with them but feel that you might qualify please reach out to them directly.
If there is an agency that we feel might be able to help to link you to some funding we would be happy to make suggestions to you so simply send us an email at email@example.com
It is important to reiterate that we ourselves do not qualify for this funding – but rather it is you and your family/camper who would get the funding and be able to put it towards a camp like ours. We are happy to help, connect you if we know of a connection, and walk you through what we know and have learned along the way but accessing the funding is up to you.
Reach out to us to discuss this further or to ask us about one of our discounted weeks at firstname.lastname@example.org
One to one support
**ONE TO ONE SUPPORT SPOTS MUST BE REQUESTED VIA EMAIL BY MARCH 1 2023. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND PLEASE CHECK BACK NEXT CAMP SEASON.
You must start the pre-application process for a support worker with an email to us no later that March 1st of the camp year that you wish to register your child for. If we do not get your request to email@example.com prior to March 1st we will have to wait until the following camp year to consider your registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Simply registering online and denoting that a support worker is needed on your registration is not enough to get the ball rolling for support.
You must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate interest in accessing support for your camper. If you have missed the deadline for this year please mark your calendar for next year so that you can apply on time. Thank you!
HERE ARE SOME REASONS THAT YOU MAY WISH TO CONSIDER A SUPPORT WORKER:
- If your camper will need more support at camp than the ratio of care that we provide
- Has behavioral issues that require extra attention
- Is in General Camp and finds social situations that require independent problem solving to be a challenge
- Has medical needs that require constant supervision and or medical monitoring in order to keep them safe and healthy while attending our program
- Has personal care needs that require one on one assistance at meal times, washroom times, and or in the pool we will need to know about all of these items prior to registration. In some cases these situations may require extra support for us to manage.
- Has a diagnosed special need such as ASD, ADHD, ADD, ODD or more/others.
If your camper needs extra support while attending school you will need to discuss the relevance of this option in the camp setting with our administrative office. These situations do not always require a support worker – however – it can help open the lines of communication for us to provide the best care possible
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SUPPORT WORKER AT KIDS INC CAMP
- You must e-mail our office prior to MARCH 01, in order to inform us of your intent to register and that you are in need of a support worker in order to make this happen.
- Once you have approval through the admin office you will register for the weeks of camp that you would like your child to attend.
- During our email conversation we will be able to determine if you are able to apply for funding or if you will be paying for the support out of pocket
- If you might qualify for funding – Call your local support agency (example – Community Living Mississauga, Community Living Halton) to find out about how to access funding to pay for the support worker.
- If you will be paying out of pocket we will discuss the total cost and create a payment schedule for you.
- You will hear back from us to confirm if we have been able to hire an appropriate support worker for you on the week or weeks that you wish to attend prior to May 15th. If we have not been able to do so we will provide a full refund for you at that time.
- You will hear back from your funding agency close to that same time.
- If you do not qualify for funding you can cancel your registration with no fee for the cancellation.
- If you get a worker, and funding and you are registered for camp you are ready to go!
- If you get a worker, and you provide us with out of pocket payment as per the payment schedule and you are registered for camp you are ready to go!
- Provide us with all of the information we will need about your camper so that we can make their time at camp as fun as we can. We will go through an extensive phone checklist with you prior to the start of the camp season and you will also get a follow up call from our Camper Care Team to ensure that our administrative office and our Camper Care Team are up to date with all of the information about your camper that we will need. All of the personal care information about your camper will be communicated to our staff and especially to the support worker who will be with your camper/s during the camp week or weeks that they have registered.
- If you have any questions please e-mail or call us today! Visit the Contact Page of this web site for contact info and office hours.
This process is in place in order to ensure the safety and well being of your child. We thank you in advance for following all the above mentioned instructions in order to secure proper support for your child.
Some cases may not be suitable for Kids Inc Camp. We will discuss your unique situation with you to be sure that we are the right camp for your camper. If we are not we can make suggestions and give you contact information for specialty programs.